I finished the second sweetheart pullover, and not a moment too soon. The shower is this afternoon, and both sweaters are currently drying in my office (I had to leave for work before the dryer could finish the job). I was supposed to have all last night to finish the second one, but I was offered tickets to the Sox at the last minute and you just don’t turn something like that down, no matter what your knitting obligations. So I did some seaming at stoplights on the way into the ciy and then stayed up until 12:30 finishing it off. I definitely did a less-good job on this second one in every respect, but particularly with the seaming — I stitched the sleeves on too high so I’m worried they’ll be a little contricting for a wee one. The first one is definitely cuter. However, at this point I’m just glad to be done and I’m going to stop caring.
For those wondering about the flower when I promised a star, I was unhappy with how the star came out, and I didn’t have the time or energy to rechart it, so I just used the flower chart since I already had it. I think it’s pretty adorable anyway. In retrospect, what with the time crunch, I would have just kept the squashy star, but retrospect won’t get you very far.
Anyway, overall I am happy with how they came out, but I don’t think I’ll make this pattern again. It was a little boring to knit, especially the second one. And intarsia will be a very, very occasional activity for me.
I hope at some point I’ll have a photo to share of the babies themselves modeling these!